Location: WASCAL Head Quarters, Accra, Ghana
Duration of contract: Two-year contract with possibility of renewal
WASCAL is a leading academic and trans-disciplinary research organization serving policy makers in West Africa with science-based advice on adaptation to climate change of land use and management. It cooperates with many agencies and universities in the region, providing a knowledge platform of excellence for its partners. WASCAL is linked closely with other international organizations in its mandate zone.
WASCAL invites applications for the position of Finance Officer.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Managing and monitoring program and project budget.
- Managing records and receipts
- Perform reconciliation of accounts, prepare balance sheet, etc.
- Ensuring adherence to approved financial reporting procedures.
- Processing invoices for payment and keeping records of all expenses.
- Support Finance Manager and Executive Management with projects and task when required
- Keep up to date record of fund transfer to the various schools
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Educational, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements
- At least a diploma or bachelor’s degree in Business Admin.-accounting/finance option
- A minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience
- Computer literacy particularly with programs such as SAGE Accounting software and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Ability in French language will be an advantage
Application including curriculum vitae should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please indicate “Finance Officer” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until 30th September 2019.
This is a local position based at the WASCAL Headquarters in Accra, Ghana. Applications will be acknowledged but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You may visit www.wascal.org for further information.