The DAAD Climate research Alumni and Postdocs in Africa (climapAfrica) programmebrings together high-potential African researchers in climate change research and protection with African alumni experts of German funding initiatives in the field of climate research. Through currently seven thematic working groups, it seeks to catalyse uptake and use of research outputs through a vibrant, highly connected network to facilitate the development of regional solutions.
The DAAD climapAfrica programme offers the following benefits:
1. Attractive funding scheme
- Postdoctoral fellowship (12-18 months)
- Funding for research stays in Germany (2-6 months)
- Funding for international conference participations
2. Advance your research with leading experts
- Benefit from knowledge and expertise of Alumni in your field through working groups
- Benefit from distinguished supervision
- Get guidance from German mentors
3. Become part of a growing community of climate researchers and experts
- Broaden your network through the climapAfrica thematic working groups and climapAfrica conferences
4. Improve your skills through a targeted training program
- Increase your research impact through capacitiy-buildings in science policy advising and skills training
For the postdoctoral fellowship, the following documents will be required:
- DAAD application form, duly filled (available in the DAAD portal).
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the Europass specimen form).
- List of national and international publications.
- Letter of invitation from the host institution in western-/southern Africa (including current date and stamp of the institution).
- Research proposal.
- Time schedule for the realization of the planned work.
- Alumni Working groups: Please provide an outline for:
- Three activities for your working group and specify how you would implement them with your working group.
- Two challenges that you might be facing and how to overcome them when coordinating and motivating experts from all over Africa to perform joint activities.
- PhD certificate (must be certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (must be certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Copy of passport.
Apply now online via the DAAD scholarship website.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the DAAD directly via email@example.com if you have any additional questions.