The West African Science Service Centre on Climate
Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) under the sponsorship of the German
Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is pleased to
announce application for its Doctoral and Master’s Research Programmes
in all its eleven (11) West African partner universities.
WASCAL is a wholly West African international organization with focus on academic and transdisciplinary research, building graduate-level scientific capacity and serving policy makers in West Africa with science-based advice on adaptation to climate change impacts and land use management. It cooperates with many agencies and universities in the region, providing a knowledge platform of excellence for its partners. WASCAL is funded by BMBF, multilateral and bilateral partners and its 11 West African member countries, namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, The Gambia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo.
WASCAL’s mission is to provide information and knowledge services at the local, national and regional levels to West African member countries to cope with the adverse impacts of climate change. We do this through capacity building support to young West African scholars in fields of climate, natural and social sciences and by delivering climate and environmental services in member countries.
Please, find links to the various Universities below;
1.University d’ Abommey Calavi, Benin
2.University of Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
3. Université des Sciences, des Techniques et des Technologies de Bamako (USTTB) – Mali; Institut Polytechnique Rural de Formation et de Recherche Appliquée (IPR/IFRA)Mali and Cape Cost (Ghana)
4. University Felix Houphouet Boigny, Cote d’Ivoire
5. University of Lome, Togo
6. University Abdou Moumouni, Niger
7.Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi Accra
8. Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria (FUTA) Nigeria
9. Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMinna), Nigeria
10. University of Cape Verde
11. University of Ouagadougou 1 Pr. Joseph Ki-Zerbo Ouagadougou
12. University of the Gambia