Location: WASCAL Headquarters, Accra, Ghana
Duration of contract: A Two-year contract with possibility of renewal
WASCAL is a leading academic and trans-disciplinary research organization serving policy makers in West Africa with science-based advice on adaptation to climate change of land use and management. It cooperates with many agencies and universities in the region, providing a knowledge platform of excellence for its partners. WASCAL is linked closely with other international organizations in its mandate zone.
WASCAL invites applications for the position of Finance Officer. The position reports to the Senior Finance Manager
- Assist in the preparation of budgets.
- Managing and monitoring program and project budget.
- Managing records and receipts.
- Perform reconciliation of accounts, prepare balance sheet, etc.
- Ensuring adherence to approved financial reporting procedures.
- Processing invoices for payment and keeping records of all expenses.
- Entering data unto the SAGE accounting software.
- Keep up to date record of fund transfer to WASCAL graduate schools.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Educational, Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (accounting option).
- Part 2 of professional accountancy programme – ICA, ACCA, etc. will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Experience in multi-currency accounting.
- Computer literacy particularly with programmes such as SAGE Accounting software and Excel is a must.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Ability in French language will be an advantage.
Application including curriculum vitae should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please indicate “Finance Officer” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2023
This is a local position and I it will be based at the WASCAL Headquarters in Accra, Ghana. Applications will be acknowledged but only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
You may visit www.wascal.org for further information.