Type of position: International
Start date: September 2023
Type of contract: Post-Doctoral Study
WASCAL is a research and education-focused institute designed to provide knowledge and climate services that should help tackle the climate change challenge and thereby enhance the resilience of human and environmental systems. It does so by strengthening the research capacity and infrastructure in West Africa related to climate change by pooling the expertise of twelve West African countries and Germany. The West African countries include Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d ‘Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinee, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo.
In 2020, WASCAL and The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) through its Project Management Agency Jülich (PT) signed the “CP_Go Green Go Africa – Coordination of Renewable Energy Programme. This project is a follow-up to the Hydrogen Partnership signed between BMBF Minister Mrs Anjan Karliczek and WASCAL Ministerial Council and Minister of Higher Education and Innovation of Niger in Berlin Germany 2020).
III. Duties and Responsibilities and Profile of the post-Doc
The Post Doc will collect relevant data from all 15 West African countries to have more understanding of the law and regulations in the countries and data related to policy.
The Post Doc will:
- Conduct relevant data collection on renewable Energy and Hydrogen technologies.
- Provide data related to law, policy, strategies
- All other data in the field of renewable energy that can be useful for the implementation of WASCAL RE and green H2 activities in West Africa,
- Conduct relevant research in the various topics of renewable energy and green hydrogen technologies in line with the projects and initiatives of WASCAL
- Participate in technical works, interactions and scientific research planned in the development of the ECOWAS green hydrogen policy, The ECOWAS green hydrogen strategy and action plan
- Identify and conduct any other relevant research I the context of West African counties
- Promote the good image of WASCAL.
IV. Profile of the Post-Doc
The Post Doc should be:
- A PhD holder with relevant knowledge in renewable Energy, green hydrogen technologies, Engineering, and all related discipline
- Experience in the area of policy and strategy in energy, Climate Change, data collection and data analysis, conducting survey
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in English and French languages
V- DURATION OF THE CONTRACT
The initial contract will be for one year and may be extended for another one year based on results of performance assessment.
IV -Application procedure:
Applications, including a cover letter (no more than two pages) with a statement of motivation, and highlighting the candidate’s experience and curriculum vitae including names addresses and e-mail addresses of three referees should be emailed to email@example.com. Scanned copies of certificates must be attached (master’s and PhD). Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
Candidates must come from one of the ECOWAS member countries.
Applications will be accepted up to 20 August 2023. Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.
Visit www.wascal.org for further information.